1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Please Wait While Windows Configures Photogallery Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Imissdos, 2006/10/05.

1. 2006/10/05
    Imissdos

Imissdos Inactive Thread Starter

I was not allowed to add to the thread on this subject because it is over 60 days old so I will start it again. None of the answers posted on the previous thread solved my problem so I am going to post what I did to resolve the situation.

In plain English, this is the situation that causes the error. HP printers come with Photogallery as bundled software on the install disk. Something is going wrong during the installation and Photogallery is not completely installing.

The computer is finding a partial install and thinks when you are booting the computer or in the middle of doing something that you are in the process of installing Photogallery, hence the message Please Wait While Windows Configures Photogallery.

Because the installation is not complete, you cannot use the Add/Delete Programs option in Control Panel because the computer does not know the software is installed on the computer except when you are performing an action such as booting the computer or doing some other task.

On the install disk that came with your HP printer, navigate to the following menu using Windows Explorer or My Computer:

X:\Setup\Photogallery where X is the letter of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

or

Search for Photogallery using Windows Explorer or My Computer search for Photogallery on the disk.

There will be two file icons in the directory. One looks like a file cabinet. The other looks like a computer with a disk in front of it.

Right click the Photogallery file icon that looks like a computer with a disk in front of it. Left click on the Uninstall option.

This action should remove any files on your computer from the partial install process and keep the error message from appearing.

It might also be possible to use the Repair option under the Photogallery file icon that looks like a computer with a disk in front of it to properly install Photogallery but I have not tried it so I cannot say it if will work to remove the error message.

Imissdos

2. 2006/10/05
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/11/22
    Firep0w3r

Firep0w3r Inactive

Imissdos wrote:

"It might also be possible to use the Repair option under the Photogallery file icon that looks like a computer with a disk in front of it to properly install Photogallery but I have not tried it so I cannot say it if will work to remove the error message. "

Thank you Imissdos, I had the same problem just this week for the first time. The "Repair Option " did indeed solve the problem. Much appreciation!

5. 2006/12/24
    swede62

swede62 Inactive

PhotoGallery Configuration error

This problem annoyed me enough to track it down. The Internet offered no resolve and my background is midrange systems. So, I just applied those techniques and found the culprit to be HP (a printer installation product) and you simply insert your HP printer CD, search for photogallery then send it to your documents. My best guess the object was either infected/deleted or mysteriously deleted. Bill - just a user like most :)

6. 2007/02/08
    disjoncteur69

disjoncteur69 Inactive

Another solution I found was to uninstall HP Image Zone 4.7 (in Add and Remove Programs) that was on the disk that came with my all in one printer and to replace that with HP Photosmart Essential 2.0 from the HP site. Everything still works the same (better?), but without the constant error message appearing.