1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved PCMover Professional Comments

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by virginia, 2017/11/11.

1. 2017/11/11
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Just bought a new PowerSpec (MicroCenter) desktop. It has intel processor which offered up a free download of PCMover Professional. It sounds like an easy way to move all my stuff.

Would appreciate any comments, good or bad, on recent use. I searched this board but most of the threads I found were several years old.

2. 2017/11/11
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Does the "Free " download allow a free transfer?
    Clarification: Your new PC is running W10? Your old PC was running Windows ....? You want to transfer your data to your new comp? (software will need to be re-installed)
    There are other programs like AOMEI and Easeus ToDo which will work for free home use.
    I used AOMEI to transfer (Clone) my 240GB SSD (W10) over to a new 500GB SSD. Worked 100% OK.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/11/11
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Thanks RL. I assume the "transfer" is part of the package. The transfer will be from a Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 10 Pro. I saw a video on YouTube and it indicated that the Applications would be moved as well - I hope that's the case. I think I will give it a try in the next couple of days.