1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook icon

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by -Z--K-, 2003/05/18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/05/18
    -Z--K-

-Z--K- Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,

I was deleted Outlook icon... NOT SHORTCUT... from desktop, and now I want to restore it, but don´t know how!

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do it?

Thank You

Best Regards

2. 2003/05/18
    Miz

Miz Inactive Alumni

I may not completely understand the question because the icon is the shortcut and the shortcut is the icon, but I'll take a shot at it.

Do you mean that the shortcut is still there only the icon has changed? If so, right click on the shortcut, click on Properties, click on Change Icon, click on one in the selection displayed, click OK and OK again and the icon should be changed to whatever you selected.

If, however, the icon/shortcut to Outlook is missing completely and you want it back on your desktop, there are several ways to do that. Here's one: Click on Start>Programs, find the shortcut to Outlook, right click on it, point at Send To and on the menu that appears, choose Desktop. That will put a shortcut to Outlook back on your desktop.

Miz,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2003/05/18
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

And if you deleted the icon from the Task Bar and if there is no Outlook E icon on your desktop do as Miz suggested to restore the desktop icon and then drag it to the Task Bar.

5. 2003/05/18
    -Z--K-

-Z--K- Inactive Thread Starter

6. 2003/05/19
    BruceKrymow

BruceKrymow Inactive

Hi, ZK ~

It might be prudent to follow the easier steps Miz outlined rather than compound any probs by hosing your registry. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.