1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Ntoskrnl.exe - ACPI.sys - IRQ problem - Desperate

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by justinp, 2002/09/26.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/11/05
    mflynn

mflynn Inactive

Justin

another thing.....

if this is the problem then you can put the old computer back together with a new power supply and have a standby unit!

Mike

2. 2002/11/06
    justinp

justinp Inactive Thread Starter

Hi Mike.

I bought a 550w PSU and fitted it. It didn't sort the problem unfortunately.

I borrowed my brothers nearly new HD, and CD-ROM drive and tried installing with them. It would get install the network componets and then go through the creating start menu and the rest of the checklist ok. The computer would then boot up let me log into windows and would then blue screen with the error REGISTRY_ERROR. I never actually experienced the same error messages with these (ntoskrnl.exe)as when I was using my own HD and CD drives.

So the only components that actually existed from my original machine were my mouse, keyboard, monitor and floppy drive. All the rest were brand new and borrowed from my brothers machine.

Any views????

Thanks

Justin

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/11/06
    justinp

5. 2002/11/13
    justinp

Hi Mike,

I've been getting these problems still. I bought a new HD today and tried to install with this, the same problems persisted though.

new:
    Mboard
    RAM
    G Card
    HD
    PSU

old:
    cd-burner
    monitor
    mouse
    keyboard

Above is a roundup of what is in my machine at present.

I'm totally lost to what this is as I tried installing win2k with my DVD, this failed (CDFS_FILE_SYSTEM,NTOSKRNL.EXE errors), then plugged in my CD burner(CDFS_FILE_SYSTEM,NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM,NTOSKRNL.EXE errors) and tried, this also failed.

Please, any ideas???

Justin
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. 2002/12/11
    justinp

HOORAY!!!!!! AT LAST!!!!! I'M BACK UP!!!!!!

I'm back in business. I finally bit the bullet and went back to the shop and got them to replace the RAM, that done the trick. I apologise to Dorfmann who pointed this out and I argued that it wasn't the RAM, sorry mate :)

I'm now back on track with my nice new speedy machine.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out with these problems, especially Mike, Thanks mate.

Just one more problem, I seem to be experiencing problems loading the Internet Services on Windows 2000 Server. On bootup I receive a message saying that at least one service did not start. I presume this is IIS. I've looked in the error log and have noticed the source is W3SVC. I think the problem is down to my firewall, Norton Personal Firewall 2003 blocking certain services. I used this when I used to have ZoneAlarm to fix the problem: http://www.iisfaq.com/default.asp?View=A335&P=154 - Does anyone know of anything similar for Norton??

Many Thanks

Justin

ps. Hooray!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.