1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved No Sound When Streaming Video From Internet

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by bmartin, 2015/02/08.

1. 2015/02/08
    bmartin

bmartin Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Where do I start. Well first I have search, changed and explored the internet in an attempt to solve my Adobe Flash Player sound problem and all I can say is I am ready to dump my computer in the trash can. The reason I believe it is Adobe Player related is because while I am not crazy about Silverllight used by Netflix it does work most of the time. Let just say without telling everything I have tried to solve my sound problem let me just say that I have checked and done most of the obvious things. Uninstalled and installed Flash Player, check all sound card controls, including the volume control on the Flash Player display. I have no problem playing anything that is on my computer using the sound card installed. I could go on forever and ever and never get to the end of the list. So now I am turning to BBS for input. I am hoping that someone here as had this problem and can point me in the right direction.

Here is some general system information:

1. There is no sound on any browser I used to stream the video with.
    2. OS is Windows XP Home SP3, Pentium 4, CPU 1.6 GHz, and 1 GB of RAM.

My Internet download speed is 50 Mbps.

Bottom line is regardless of my system information I never had this problem before, and yes I have done several System Restores.

Thanks

2. 2015/02/08
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/02/09
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

First thing to test is sound from ANY application.

Do you get sound from local multimedia files, such as audio or video played in Windows Media Player?

Are you using external amplified speakers? If so, is the speaker powered on?

Are the wired connections clean and plugged in all the way?

5. 2015/02/09
    bmartin

Tony T and Evan. I have tried all of the suggestions and have checked everything I can think of to solve the problem. I am using a Santa Cruz sound card and it is working perfect. Anything I run from local files works great. My problem is only when I steam video from in my browsers using Adobe Flash Player. I have no problem when I stream video from Netflex, which uses Silverlight I think. Everything points to Adobe, but I have deleted system stored files as suggested, uninstalled using Adobe's uninstaller and reinstall several times. I have done system restores, but nothing has worked. Is there a way to check the volume out on Adobe's Flash Player in the setting or with another source? This is Crazy.

Thanks

6. 2015/02/09
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Do you have Google Chrome installed? It packages its own version of Flash player (pepper flash) and it gets updates when Chrome is updated. If have Chrome, does sound work when streaming?

7. 2015/02/10
    bmartin

Hey TonyT and others that have been help me with my sound problem I just want to let you know I finally solved the mystery with the no sound issue. After tried using Chrome with still no luck I decided to disable and enable my Cruz sound card using Device Manager and guess what, I now have sound from streaming videos. I guess something was corrupted and when I re-enabled it the problem was resolve. Who cares I am just glad it worked. So the sound issue is resolved. Thanks for you help.

8. 2015/02/10
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Thanks for letting us know. :)

Since this issue is now resolved, please mark this thread as 'Resolved'.

9. 2015/02/10
    bmartin

Thanks Tony. I wasn't aware were the resolved come from. Now I know for the future thread.

Bob