1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

New IE7 causes problems

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by past1999, 2006/10/25.

1. 2006/10/30
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

Bill Castner--
    Please see my post #35. The command key for the context option "Open" uses %l (small L). The other options use %1. I have not changed the command for Open. That is the way windows set it. Context menu "Open" works fine when I use it even on a Favorite.

Last edited: 2006/10/30
  2. 2006/10/30
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

As far as Copy Shortcut is concerned, I am using a work around. Right click on the Favorite|Properties|Control+C.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/10/30
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

Jim,
    I guess you're right. The "use new window" that I've added shows up if I right click on favorite when using the favorites menu but not when using the favorites bar. I didn't really realize this as I hardly ever use it. I almost always use the menu.

Want another puzzler? While messing around with this I noticed that if I right click on a favorite in the favorites menu, properties isn't available. If I right click on one in the bar properties is there. Just the opposite of my "use new window" thing. :confused: :)

5. 2006/10/31
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

Zander--On my PC, when I open Favorites from the Menubar (File, Edit, View, etc.) and right click on a Favorite, I am offered Properties in the Context Menu. But if I click on Properties, nothing happens!!
    Thank heaven, Properties in the left panel Favorites exists and works.
    Now if the left panel Favorites context menu just had Copy Shortcut and Open in New Window, I would be most happy. But as you know, I have found work arounds for both.
    Thanks for your input.
    P.S.--IE7 seems to have some unnecessarily weird features along with a few new helpful ones. :eek:

6. 2006/10/31
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

OOPS! Guess I wasn't thinking when I posted about this. FWIW, mine is the same as yours. Properties is there but nothing happens. A bug perhaps.

Just thought I'd let you know so you didn't think you were the only one. ;)

7. 2006/11/01
    JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Inactive

Right clicking on a favorite in the menu favorites list, clicking properties, the properties box does open, but behind IE (minimize IE, and if necessary any other windows, you'll see it on the desktop). It also closes the favorites list.

8. 2006/11/01
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

JRosenfeld--You are right. Who'd have thought to look there? IE7 :eek:

9. 2006/11/01
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

Since installing IE7, I have noticed that many links on webpages will not work unless I simultaneously click Control. A message appears in the Status Bar to that effect. The message implies that it is the page on which the link appears which has the problem, not the page to which the link leads.
    The image below shows the Status Bar message. As can be seen this is a WindowsBBS page. The link I had clicked was "Gain Knowledge" in TeMerc's post above mine.
    I am using both Google Toolbar's and IE's popup blockers, but I have been using that combination for some time without this problem. Of course the IE popup blocker was, until the last few days, the one in IE6, not IE7. And the browser has been IE6.
    The problem (and Status bar message) does not appear if I disable the Google popup blocker. The link then works without holding down Control.
    Is it the combination of the Google popup blocker with IE7 or with IE7's popup blocker that is causing the problem?
    Is there a setting in IE7 to stop the need to hold down Control? (I have tried the various popup settings in Internet Options|General tab|Tabs with no success.)

P.S. Slightly off the subject, the Manage Attachments button on WindowsBBS Post Reply page does not work unless I disable the Google popup blocker. That never was the case with IE6.

10. 2006/11/01
    charlesvar

charlesvar Inactive Alumni

I don't have that problem.

Properties shows up on top - not behind.

Regards - Charles

11. 2006/11/01
    loonychoons Lifetime Subscription

loonychoons Inactive

Ie7

I installed Internet Explorer 7, Sorry that I did , I went to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, After uninstalling I still had Many Problems, Tool-bars that I did not have before , I could not use Goggle, I could not ever get on line. Then my screen froze up, I could move my cursor,but it was always in the waiting or busy mode.

I was then forced to do a NO-NO , Not recommended,but I was not getting anywhere, I knew that my computer rebooted whenever the Hydro goes off . So I unplugged it.

Then it came back on I was able to RESTORE back to October 30,2006, I lost my new AVG but thats O.K. Everything seems fine now.

I will need to check out all the forgoing info. and make a planed attack before trying again. loonychoons