1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Vista nero 6 and vista

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Mel, 2009/01/31.

1. 2009/01/31
    Mel

Mel Well-Known Member Thread Starter

anyone know of a patch or anything to get this to work??? this is the first incompatibility ive run into, and its quite annoying. i LOVE nero, and need to be able to use it.

anyone have any advice?

its nero 6.3.1.25 and the 64 bit edition of vista.

Mel,
  2. 2009/02/01
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

You don't say what error messages you get (or what happens). You don't say if it went through installation.

Look in Help and Support for "compatibility ". You can locate the installer or the main program, right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/02/01
    Mel

Mel Well-Known Member Thread Starter

oh sorry, it does get through installation with one warning that it wont work... but i figured what the heck, try it anyways. i can get all the way to 'insert the empty disc'. it sits for a bit, then just says something like 'operation failed at 8x'.

the program itself warns me when i open it that it wont work, but i put run program anywyas, and thats as far as i can get.... i just need a way to get past that.

Mel,
  5. 2009/02/01
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

6. 2009/02/01
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

Now I am reminded that I tried installing Nero 7 Essentials and got similar messages
    From the Nero 6 FAQs
    http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero6-faq.html
    Matt