1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

MS no longer will support windows live mail 2012?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by barcann, 2016/05/10.

1. 2016/05/10
    barcann

barcann Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I use windows live mail 2012 on my windows 10 laptop.
    I understand MS will soon stop supporting this email desktop program so I need to find a good replacement.
    I want all my mail accounts in a desktop program, Can someone please advise which s the BEST program to use?
    Thank you

(reminder sent 06/19/2016)

Last edited by a moderator: 2016/06/19
  2. 2016/05/10
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/05/10
    barcann

barcann Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick reply. I have read the article on your link.
    It says :The Windows Live 2012 email application does not support the modern synchronization technologies used by the new Outlook.com, so once your account is upgraded to the new Outlook.com, you will no longer be able to send or receive Outlook.com email from Windows Live Mail 2012. "
    That sounds pretty clear to me. what am not getting?
    I don't want to use the built-in Mail app on Windows 10. and I want to access all my email accounts on one desktop application, including all my email folders.
    Is here a good desktop application that will allow me to do that?

5. 2016/05/10
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I use Windows Live Mail and don't have anything sync with it. I also have a couple of Gmail accounts that I use mainly for storage and it does a good job of filtering out junk. I do have an Outlook.com which was the old Hotmail, but that is only used for sites that insist that they need an email address to continue. In other words that is my junk mail folder.