1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Mrs.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NorDetLake, 2013/05/04.

1. 2013/05/04
    NorDetLake

NorDetLake Inactive Thread Starter

Hi To Everyone,

I am a wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. I am going to be 86 June 26, 1927. My name and Georgia and my husband's name is George. I am not planning on changing from the XP operating system as I don't make any long-term investments at my age.

If I manage to outlive the XP operating system, I will think about it.

I am a Christian and I read the Bible and believe every word in the Bible and I try to live my life as best as I can. I like to hear preachers on the internet; I have a few that I like very much. I am not ashamed of saying that I am a born-again Christian.

I was raised Greek Orthodox but didn't know anything about it and couldn't understand what the priest was saying, so it didn't do much for my knowledge of Greek Orthodox.

After I got married, I moved to Tennessee and when to the Baptist church. I thought it was very strange after the liturgical service that I was used to. But then I started to understand as I listened to the preacher and I became a Christian.

My husband and I moved from the Detroit suburbs where he worked for Cadillac Motor Car Company and when he retired we moved to Central Michigan, but I miss my children and grand and great grandchildren.

I guess that's it for now.

Glad to join Windows BBS finally.

Georgia Maples

2. 2013/05/04
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Welcome to WindowsBBS!

Many people are still using Windows XP, and there's still another 11 months of official Microsoft support left ;)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/05/04
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Georgia, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

5. 2013/05/05
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2013/05/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Georgia, from a Septuagenarian to an Octogenarian, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :D
    Likewise, I am reluctant to splash out cash unnecessarily these days.
    Arie, you were right. My Albatron M/B just fried :mad: yesterday at the PSU connector to the M/B.

Fortunately, it's my birthday on Saturday and my son has just given me an early present. His 3 year old Asus M4A785TD-V EVO M/Board which I think might work with W7 W8. ;) Cheers Neil.