1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Mozilla Thunderbird email

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by JRCB, 2010/05/22.

1. 2010/05/25
    JRCB

JRCB Inactive Thread Starter

Westside and Cal E -- I got a guy yesterday that went on my machine - remotely - he owns a computer company that fixes computers and installs systems for companies -- he fixed it in 5 minutes -- westside -- he changed the one setting - connections security on the on the account settings - outgoing server to Ssl or tsl from the NONE position and confirmed it, then went back in to the original setting of connection security and changed it back to NONE -- this cleared the server and now I am able to send emails that people can receive! $35 cost and I am a happy camper!!!! FIXED.

2. 2010/05/25
    JRCB

Thank you all for your help and Hope not to be back here anytime soon!
    Good Luck peeps!

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/05/25
    scout321x Contributing Member

scout321x Inactive

My Granddad used to say sometimes you have to hold your mouth just right to fix something. I used to roll my eyes then and I was only about 10. I guess that leads to something might go wrong if you hold your mouth wrong and the wrong time. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it is finally fixed! You might want to mark this thread as Resolved.:D

5. 2010/05/25
    JRCB

Ok -- I will but how do I do that??

6. 2010/05/25
    JRCB

Never mind -- I think I just found out how to do it-- if it is wrong -- pls let me know.

have a great evening!
    Joan

7. 2010/05/25
    JohnB Lifetime Subscription

JohnB Well-Known Member

Hi Joan, sorry I couldn't help you earlier (was on the right track, tho' ;) )and thanks for posting the solution to your problem as it will help in future similar situations.

8. 2010/05/25
    Cal E

Cal E Inactive

Hmm! Tried the changes AND . . . . . half a cigar!

I am now able to send, BUT I had to enter a User Name and PW under authentication. Now each time I start TB I get a message the server doesn't support authentication, but if I click OK to the dialog, it loads and I can send and receive.

At least I can now use the mailer, but something is amiss because tampabay.rr.com's Help specifies not to use authentication. ????

Maybe the next update will clean this up.

9. 2010/05/25
    JRCB

if you want the guy that fixed my machine remotely!!!---joseph robinson and marshall randall -- Joseph E. Robinson III, Vice President
    Moriah Corporation
    Telephone: 321-574-5836
    Mobile : 321-591-3358
    www.MoriahCorp.com

10. 2010/05/25
    Westside

Westside Inactive Alumni

I have Cox, and it does not use authentication. I can guess, only, that an incorrect server may have been saved. The program may not behave properly, and, with 3.x I am not surprised. I have had to override, manually, the settings provided by that dingbat program since day one. 3.1 seems to give me less trouble, but it still provides incorrect servers to send, and receive mail, but, at least, it does not try to authenticate.

11. 2010/05/29
    JustinCase

JustinCase Inactive

I don't know where Romona hides out but I do want to thank her for her trick to make TB3 links open in Firefox from about 2 years ago or so. It worked like a champ and I just want to tell her thanks so much. And thank the rest of you all for the very valuable information you post here. Great going and God bless.

Justin

12. 2010/05/30
    Westside

Westside Inactive Alumni

Ramona had been ill for a while, and she has not been an active participant at two major newsgroups. I will try to let her know of your appreciation.