1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Solved Memory hijack

Discussion in 'Malware and Virus Removal Archive' started by tedgen, 2015/07/08.

1. 2015/07/19
    tedgen

tedgen Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm sorry, I can't seem to get Java to load. I've downloaded the file and clicked on run, I get some hard drive action but I don't get the welcome screen. They advised removing old Java first and I did that. I know the windows firewall is off, supershield is off and I am logged in as an administrator. I can work this out another time if you want me to go ahead with the rest.

2. 2015/07/19
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
    • Run JavaRa.exe (Vista/7/8 users! Right click on JavaRa.exe, click Run As Administrator), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    • Accept any prompts.
    • Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
    • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

Note: UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software offered with the Java update. The pre-checked toolbars/software are not part of the Java update.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/07/19
    tedgen

Sorry, can you recommend a good unzip program, winrar was eval only and time is up.

5. 2015/07/19
    broni

http://www.7-zip.org/
    Make sure you select "custom" installation to uncheck any crapware it'll want to install.
    Other than that it's a good program.

6. 2015/07/19
    tedgen

Ok I ran delfix and saw there was a new restore point. When I ran Farber it said there was no infections but that was after everything we did. Not sure if there was an infection but I will change all my banking passwords. I really appreciate your time and I've made a donation to windowsbbs. I will follow your recommendations. THANKS

7. 2015/07/19
    broni

Thank you :)

Good luck and stay safe :)