1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

McAfee Security Suite 2007

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by WesternKY, 2007/04/30.

1. 2007/04/30
    WesternKY Lifetime Subscription

WesternKY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have McAfee Security Suite 2007 that I purchased. I realize that it begins scanning for viruses when I start up my computer. My problem is that it takes a while for it to quit, and in the meantime It slows up everything else that I am trying to do on my computer. In other words it slows me down and I hate that. Is there a way that I can not have it scan everything on my computer, so that I can move about the screens faster and still be safe?

Thanks in advance.

2. 2007/05/01
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

You can look in the settings and turn off the auto scan...Then start a manual scan when its a good time for you. Won't do you much good to only scan part of the pc.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/05/01
    WesternKY Lifetime Subscription

WesternKY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

You are so right. It will not do me any good to scan just part of my PC. I will just let the program do it's thing and get use to it.

Thank you Mr. Jones:)