1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Mail in Draft Disappeared

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by JTee, 2014/10/14.

1. 2014/10/14
    JTee

JTee Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I was in my yahoo email and had one in draft I was not yet ready to send; it may have been the weather, however when trying to access my inbox, my computer blinked ever so slightly and the draft was suddenly empty/the mail in it gone! I checked my trash, my sent, my inbox and spam as well as other folders close to draft, but it was not in either of them. If I accidentally deleted it, should it not be in trash? I did a refresh and a search and could not find it anywhere.:confused:

Last edited: 2014/10/14
    JTee,
  2. 2014/10/14
    masterroming

masterroming Well-Known Member

Not sure there's much to do in this case unfortunately, in terms of actually recovering the draft...

However I do have one suggestion which worked for me a while ago, and that would be: if you have your account linked to another device (phone, tablet, etc.) then turn off the WiFi on the device and check the mail app, it may have synced your drafts over at one point, and not have updated since then.

From there you should be able to open it, copy the contents to your device's clipboard, and proceed from there.

As for why it vanished? I'm stumped.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/10/14
    JTee

Thanks, I'm stumped as well; don't have my email account tied to another device, but to another email account and checked that already - it wasn't there. Thanks anyway. If the mail in the draft folder is deleted, will it show in trash???

JTee,
  5. 2014/10/14
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

It could be in the trash bin - have a look and report back;)

6. 2014/10/14
    masterroming

But:

No? :p

7. 2014/10/14
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

But then he asked:

8. 2014/10/14
    JTee

Steve, Masterroming was the 1st to respond to my initial post inquiry, in which I stated I had checked the trash folder as well as others. I was just wanting to know, if the draft was deleted, should it show up in the trash, and if yes, then I'd know for sure somehing is going haywire with my email account.

I know I sound redundant and not too sharp, however he & I were both stumped as to what happened to the mail in the draft folder. Perhaps it was accidently cancelled and that's why it's not showing up anywhere.

Thanks for your concern, Steve. Since I am unable to find what happened to that mail in the draft folder, forgive me if this sounds completely ridiculous, what do I do about marking this as resolved or not - any advice??? Miss Dumbfounded (JTee)

Last edited: 2014/10/14
    JTee,
  9. 2014/10/14
    masterroming

If you want to mark the thread as resolved you can do so via the following procedure

Hope the email wasn't too long! [emoji33]