1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Laptop not showing bios and internal cooling fan is not working.

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by Terminal16, 2016/03/28.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2016/03/30
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If you had a laptop with a legitimate Windows 7 installed - you would have qualified for the FREE upgrade to W10.
    There is no need to carry out any activation by Product Key if your W7 qualified. It very much sounds as though you have failed to follow MS instructions to the letter.
    As LJ has asked the question -
    Where did you get the USB W10 drive from???
    If you used the Microsoft Media Creator Tool to load a USB thumb drive - you did not need to activate as this is done automatically.
    I'm afraid that if you have used "pirated material" we will no longer be able to help you.
    Your only course would be to revert back to W7 - but you seem to have burned your bridges by not making a backup of your W7 OS FIRST!!!
    Neil.

2. 2016/03/30
    Terminal16

Terminal16 New Member Thread Starter

I have created the USB installation disk with a windows 10 ISO file. (not using Microsoft media creation tool.)

The windows 7 OS came along with the laptop was legitimate.
    I don't have the back up of it but I have the setup file of windows 7 home premium and associated product key for my laptop with me. I can turn it back to legitimate anytime.

But only if my BIOS shows up.

Last edited: 2016/03/31

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/03/31
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Please follow Posting Rules (#10 - Other Illegal Activities * - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, registration keys, or anything of the like.) when posting.

We're not here to help you with pirated software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.