1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Keysonic Bluetooth Keyboard Connection Problem

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Barryam, 2009/11/18.

1. 2009/11/18
    Barryam

Barryam Inactive Thread Starter

I purchased a Keysonic ACK-595 BT keyboard recently that works fine with my laptop but not with my desktop, even though:

• both machines are running Win XP Pro version 2002 SP3; and
    • the "Standard 101/102 Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard" Microsoft drivers on the machines are identical versions.
    With the desktop, I can establish the bluetooth pairing with the ACK-595 BT and when the passkey is typed in on the ACK-595 the Bluetooth Device Wizard confirmations successful connection and the device is shown in the Bluetooth Devices dialogue box as:
    Type of Device: Miscellaneous Peripheral Device
    Address: 00:18:00:00:56:1c .
    Connection: Passkey Enabled
    However, after establishing the pairing, no keystrokes are recorded when I try to type text into my applications (Notepad, Word etc.). (There was one exception to this when typing was recorded, but after a few minutes without typing when I resumed typing nothing was recorded).
    I’ve noticed that, in the dialogue accessed by right clicking the Bluetooth icon in the Task Bar and selecting the "Show Bluetooth Devices" menu item, although the other Bluetooth devices connected to my desktop are still listed even after they are switched off the ACK-595 BT disappears from the list after being left for a few minutes.
    In the "Log On" tab of "Bluetooth Support Service Properties (Local Computer)" dialogue box, for "Log on as:" "Local System Account" and "Allow service to interact with desktop" are selected.
    The keyboard is compatible with all systems that support the Bluetooth HID profile correctly. Other Bluetooth devices work fine with my desktop, so I assume that the HID profile is good. All Bluetooth Device Options are enabled.
    The Keysonic web site does state that "PC / end devices have to support standard keyboard drivers with corresponding country code faultlesslyâ€. However, the facts that the ACK-595BT works with a laptop using the same driver and that I have used several PS/2 keyboards with the desktop without any problem would seem to rule out that possibility.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem please?

2. 2009/11/20
    nicolatesla

nicolatesla Banned

If you are sure that the blue tooth device battery is good, and the blue tooth device is turned on, you will find the bluetooth icon on the lower right hand side of the screen,
    or open in a bluetooth utility screen
    uninstall the bluetooth device and drivers, restart the computer
    then detect hardware, if the auto detect does not do it
    or reinstall the hardware and driver
    that will usually make it work, it worked for me

3. to hide this advert.