1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Java exception errors when installing application

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by thebigo68, 2012/06/12.

1. 2012/06/12
    thebigo68

thebigo68 Inactive Thread Starter

64 bit - Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1

The user I am supporting and the service account referenced both have local admin rights on this server and the same group memberships (1 added to Domain Users). Given the fact that the application fully installs with the user Admin account, why would the service account fail (java exception errors) using the same install .msi and .bat files?

The ONLY differences I can see between the accounts are a different account tab domain (@BU.Company.com for user, @company.com for service account) and a Manager listed for the user admin account.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

2. 2012/06/13
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

You don't give any information on the error. Installing what? And the error shown is?

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/06/13
    thebigo68

The application being installed is HP QC ALM

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.hp.qc.install.core.logger.InstallationLogger.getAbsoluteOutputFileName(InstallationLogger.java:119)
    at com.hp.qc.install.core.logger.InstallationLogger.<init>(InstallationLogger.java:74)
    at com.hp.qc.install.core.logger.InstallationLogger.getLogger(InstallationLogger.java:165)
    at com.hp.qc.install.setup.QcServerGuiConfigurationToolBuilder.<init>(QcServerGuiConfigurationToolBuilder.java:38)
    at com.hp.qc.install.setup.QcConfigMain.main(QcConfigMain.java:44)

5. 2012/06/14
    Arie

According to details posted on the HP Forums

For such a specific issue with software probably nobody on this forum has ever used, you'd be better contacting HP support.

Arie,
  6. 2012/06/14
    thebigo68

Arie,

Yea, the account is a local admin. I've got a post on HP site as well...the best and only reply so far has been "...same error, got it fixed with HP Support but it took a while. "

Thank you for the replies!

7. 2012/06/15
    Arie

I suggest contacting HP support, I don't think you'll get very far on other avenues with a specific software issue such as this.

Arie,