1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Issues with pc that are not due to having malware or a virus

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Forsaken Knight, 2011/11/17.

1. 2011/11/18
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

So we know now that Zone Alarm seems to be culprit.

IMO I would remove the Zone Alarm Firewall completely and enable the built in Windows Firewall. The Windows Firewall uses a lot less resources than Zone Alarm and you won't run into issues with it blocking files that you download from the Internet.

2. 2011/11/18
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I agree especially if you are behind a router. I have used ZA on all my PC's for years. It served me well with no problems. Then when I got a router, just for the heck of it I uninstalled it. Haven't had a problem since.

You could try Revo and uninstall it with a deep uninstall then reboot and download it again. Maybe something is corrupted in it. Won't hurt to try.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/11/19
    Evan Omo

Oh yeah definitely. I've been using the Windows Firewall with MSE behind my Netgear Firewalled router for a few years now and have felt very secure using those methods and programs.

5. 2011/11/20
    Forsaken Knight

Forsaken Knight Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Ok, now that I uninstalled completely, and have updated my firewall with the newest version of zone alarm, I have no problems. I have used M.S.E., but I'm a guy of habit. I like zone alarm. If its a repeatable problem, then yeah, I'll give it the boot, but once I thuroughly got rid of it, then installed it nice and clean, nothin, no problems.

So. thank you guys for helping me out with this issue. I don't think with out help that I would have deduced the issue down to the firewall.

So...do I now put this thread as resolved or does someone else do it? I forgot. I'll poke around and see if I can do it. Thank you for your help.

6. 2011/11/20
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You mark it resolved.

7. 2011/11/21
    Evan Omo

Thanks for the update and I am glad that you were able to resolve your computer issues.