1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Issue Printing PDF's

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Steve R Jones, 2016/03/31.

1. 2016/03/31
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff Thread Starter

Short version - my office has two HP 2035 printers.

We've had the 2035 "N" for a good six years and it prints like a champ. However, it's showing it's age and streaks real bad. (N is for network - it has a USB and Cat5 connection)

I was excited as heck when I found new 2035's on the internet... I didn't read the fine print and we ended up with a plain jane 2035 that only has a parallel connection. I thought this would be fine since we had an even older HP that was connected via parallel to an HP Jet Direct.

ISSUE: The new 2035 will print 2 out of 26 pages and then pause for five seconds... Print two more pages and pause... The PDF is actually 13 two page invoices that have been scanned.

My co-worker has to print a few thousand pages a week...and this slowness is killing her.

I've been messing with this all week and haven't gotten anywhere. (new drivers etc, different printer processors) I have seen it's a common problem with some but now all large documents with images.

Any thoughts?

2. 2016/03/31
    Steve R Jones

OMG - I was talking with the co-worker explaining about the parallel port and how I was going to twist the bosses arm to let me buy another printer... Co-worker sticks her finger on a spot and asks - "What is this? "

Oh that - THAT'S A FREAKING USB PORT.

And when hooked you her pc works like a charm.... Plus she doesn't have to spend all day walking back n forth to the printer.

:cool:

Admin. likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/04/01
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Ummm, did you try "RTFM "? lol

Anyway, if me, I would still look for a print server that supports USB. Perhaps your site already has a router that includes a print server and USB port.

If not, something like this is inexpensive and would be perfect. Note Newegg's description incorrectly says it supports wireless - it does not. Only USB printers via Ethernet.

Bill,
  5. 2016/04/01
    Steve R Jones

Thanks Bill be we're good.

Co-worker is beside herself happy about having the printer at her desk.

No one can figure out why we never thought of this before:p

6. 2016/04/01
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Well, if she's the only one that uses it, then you don't need a print server. But if others need it, even occasionally, it can still sit on her desk and she would not know the difference (except for the occasional print job that suddenly shows up out of nowhere).

Funny how that work. If I was the one who recommended that model for purchase, I would be very relieved about now. ;)

Bill,