1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Is 'Poser' a Dirty Word here?

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by Sarissi, 2006/05/19.

1. 2006/05/19
    Sarissi

Sarissi Inactive Thread Starter

If it is, then you are mistakenly blaming the 3D CGI application for the uncontrolled Testosterone of some of the Users. This is not advertising or spamming. A post of mine was deleted in which this word was used: 'Poser class apps' in the text.

Any CGI application, whether 2D (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro) or 3D (Poser, Maya, etc) can be used for any genre.

Pedestrian refers to mass market (inexpensive) apps, which most hobbyists use.

Mere mention of non-Microsoft applications do not constitute advertising or spamming. Otherwise, your non-Microsoft forums violate your own rules.

If this post merely Annoys you, or is Offensive, please report it. I expect an email from the Admin notifying me of such, and Why, and that I am banned from this community.

2. 2006/05/19
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

When did you make the post?
    Are you sure it was here?
    We generally don't delete stuff. We move threads to two different hidden forums.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/05/19
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I am confused. What does this statement have to do w/ anything such as the term "Poser ".

fyi. the applications mentioned in your quote above are not CGI applications. CGI means Common Gateway Interface, which equates to applications that run from a CGI-BIN directory on a Web server.

5. 2006/05/19
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

The only related post I can find is this: http://www.windowsbbs.com/showpost.php?p=290155&postcount=90

If you think you made an other post to that thread, it probably didn't get posted. I checked the thread notes (deletions are noted automatically by the software), and no deletions have been made in that thread.

Arie,
  6. 2006/05/20
    Sarissi

Sarissi Inactive Thread Starter

CGI = Computer Generated Imagery as well.

Motion Picture and Television Production Industry, as well as Hobbyists.

Ever watch Stargate SG1? The ripple effect when the gate is active, was done by hand and exquisitely timed, in Adobe Photoshop, frame by frame.

Go to www.e-frontier.com to learn what Poser is. (For information purposes, then you can delete the link.)

Arie, he replied to that post, then I replied, and That one posted then vanished. That is the one where I mentioned 'Poser class apps'.

The largest CGI Community on the web is Renderosity. The real pros congregate at cgsociety.

Many people equate Poser with Adult Images and nothing else.

I guess you folks are learning a new meaning to 'CGI'

7. 2006/05/20
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Like I told you: no post has been deleted from that thread.

Arie,