1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Initial Impressions 7 , Digital Rights Software Reports Registration and IP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by visionof, 2009/01/16.

1. 2009/01/16
    visionof

visionof Inactive Thread Starter

A question
    I just installed System 7 Beta and I somewhat impressed for now
    It seems however to be nothing more than the latest Vista service pack with a new cover - or is that an oversimplification
    I had to laugh when i went to popup window explaining the process and requirements of an install or upgrade and all there was Vista Vista Vista
    Not even one word of System 7
    In the license , which few consumers will read , is hidden away a paragraph about digital rights which states very clearly that the system will check registration and key codes for all software and report this with the ip of the computer
    Is this so ?
    I seem to remember a similar description for Vista which was not introduced in the final versions
    Was that so ? Or is this process already in Vista ?
    If not why would Microsoft attempt this ploy again ?
    lots of open source software out there - in fact many prefer open office 3 to the new microsoft office
    Any info on this issue ?

2. 2009/01/18
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

I'd call it "Vista 1.5" :D

No idea... then again, I haven't read the EULA yet. MS says on their site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/eula.aspx

The "flap" with Vista was the limited number of reinstalls you could do as written in the original EULA of Vista which said:

Like I said, have to see how the final EULA would look like, but MS knows their EULA's are scrutinized by people.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/01/18
    visionof

visionof Inactive Thread Starter

I had to laugh with the early beta of "vista "
    For some marketing reasons Microsoft had announced that it was now Vista not longhorn
    No one seemed to have told the software people , they did not have the time , did not care or all of the above
    The install started Vista , Vista , Vista and then everything was stamped and labeled clearly "Longhorn "
    Installed well on a higher end Pentium 3 but demanded at least 256 mb of Ram
    Ran , with that 256 mb of ram , a good number of demanding programs all at once
    Hence that version of what was called "Vista" had little in relation to the final released product
    I still have photos of the computer os running