1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Informal introduction to myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BCMinerva, 2009/02/26.

1. 2009/02/26
    BCMinerva

BCMinerva Inactive Thread Starter

I basically a self trained computer and network support desk for the neighborhood in Chicago where I live. In particular, I help some of the very small businesses move into the 21st century helping the people buy the equipment they need to make the business work more efficiently, and try to teach the people how to use the hardware and software with the same efficiency. I maintain their networks for them when they have trouble and try to learn whatever new additions might be good to add. The largest "group" that I help has Dell hardware running Windows Small Business Server software on a Power Edge server, with three Windows Vista operating system Vostro workstations.

The hardware is now one year old.

One of the Vostros running Vista and Microsoft Office has developed a problem in that we can no longer access Outlook (using any of the shortcuts or directly in Programs) , nor "Mail" in the Control Panel. That is what I am working on trying to unravel at the moment.

I love learing how all the technology works together and how to use it to make business and home use more fun and more efficient.

Thanks.
    BCMinerva

2. 2009/02/26
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Welcome to WindowsBBS.

3. to hide this advert.