1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Inaccessible boot drive message after re-setting windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by reknaw, 2015/08/05.

1. 2015/08/19
    reknaw

reknaw Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Well, I finally got one problem solved I was able to change my BIOS order to open my Lexar USB stick with Windows 10. I got it to start downloading but had to leave my office after 30% ...came back and a message saying something like Download was not completed... messed around again and never could get it back to downloading it. Tried repair, says it couldn't repair. I chose Upgrade using USB Windows Installation Media,,,tells me to remove the usb, restart pc so that it starts normally and then insert the usb again...couldn't turn it off - i have tried skipping entering my win7 key , accepted their terms, etc. then it starts asking same questions all over and over again, tried entering my key, says now it doesn't like it. Have tried "repair" says he can't repair. I GIVE UP MICROSOFT... intend probably giving it to a friend to see if he can fix it... I obviously can not AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE. Thanks to all that tried to help. Guess I'll have to stick with my Win 8.1 laptop which I hate....I won't be upgrading that...the plan was to check it out on my older Win 7 machine.... lesson learnt.

2. 2015/08/19
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

From all the reported problems I've seen - the Upgarde from W7 to W10 then the Reset back to W7 seem to be giving the most stuffups/problems.
    Upgrading from W8.1 to W10 is obviously the flawless way but changing mind and going back to W8.1 within a few hours also seems to create a problem.
    I would advise those who wish to Upgrade to W10 to give it a fair trial and work within the 30 days offer and wait till the build has settled down and updates have been applied.
    There are obviously millions of happy W10 users throughout the world, but the troubles that are occuring with this FREE Upgrade are unbelievable. :eek: Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/19
    reknaw

I hear what you are saying Neil. re. W8.1 to 10 but I can't afford to take the chance... I'll wait 6 months or so, just in case. I need one usable laptop in my business, two would be so much better and make by life easier. Hopefully I can pay someone to get the other one up and running.... already have two XP Desktops, plus an XP laptop to go with my 8.1 and 7..... certainly don't want to have to buy another..... the XP was the best system in my humble opinion. Thanks again for your help. Ken:(

5. 2015/08/25
    reknaw

Guess what....after weeks of frustration ..... and really minutes away from taking my Acer to a tech shop ....I tried one last time and low and behold, I'm now with Win 10...finally. Far too complicated to explain how .... but basically and simply put the following post arrived in my inbox just this morning.... it is more or less what I did, but in a round about way frustration way. I think after wiping out my Operating System completely I had nothing to loose so I tried "Custom" install and on the second attempt it WORK. Thanks for every ones assistance on here...great site !!!

We’ve identified an issue that causes this bluescreen error when performing a Reset soon after installing Windows 10 and are currently working on a fix.

If you performed a Reset and are encountering this error, you should perform a clean install to restore your device. To do this:

1.From a different PC, visit the Software download page and run the tool to create Windows 10 installation media. When choosing whether to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the tool, you want to choose the version that matches the PC that you are using to create the media – not the version of the PC that is experiencing the bluescreen.

2.Once the installation media is created, return to the device experiencing the bluescreen, and boot the device directly to the media. (You may need to change the boot order to boot to the media.)

3.Once setup starts, choose a Custom install.

4.If you are prompted for a product key, you can choose to skip that step. If you were activated previously after first upgrading to Windows 10, you will be activated again once you connect online.

Performing a clean install will remove your apps, data, and settings and will put your device in the same state as if you were to perform a “Reset this PC – Remove everything”.