1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved IE9 crashing

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by XP dummy, 2014/12/16.

1. 2015/01/21
    XP dummy

XP dummy Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the input. I'm not sure how I'll proceed from here. Is there an answer to my last question?
    In the info on Firefox that I have read, it mentions that the 64bit version of Vista isn't supported. Is that an issue?
    Again, thanks to all for the help..

Last edited: 2015/01/21
  2. 2015/01/21
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

This is straight from FF.

Windows

Operating Systems
    •Windows XP SP2
    •Windows Server 2003 SP1
    •Windows Vista
    •Windows 7
    •Windows 8

Please note that while the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 can be used to run Firefox, only 32-bit builds of Firefox are supported at this time.

Recommended Hardware
    •Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
    •512MB of RAM
    •200MB of hard drive space

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/35.0/system-requirements/

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/01/21
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Also to answer your last question regarding msconfig you can try starting your computer in the clean boot state using Selected Startup and re-run zoek.

Then when done simply go back into msconfig and set the Startup selection back to Normal Startup.

5. 2015/01/22
    XP dummy

XP dummy Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Mr. Bill: I misread the Firefox info. Thanks for the clarification.

Evan Omo: I selected Normal Startup when I restarted my computer after the last failed run of zoek. But now I have an icon in the taskbar, and a box that keeps popping up telling me that some of my programs are blocked. So I'm thinking that not all of the programs that were starting previous to the last scan are loading now. I'm guessing that a sucessful run of zoek would have listed all of the startup programs, and then you gurus would tell me which ones to remove from that list if there was some kind of time info tagged to it.
    If I provide a list of those programs, could I do that from there? I'm sure there're programs that I'm not using anymore, or not frequently using. That would also get me a list of programs to uninstall. Thanks

6. 2015/01/22
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Can you identify which programs are being blocked?

No, Zoek doesn't list startup programs in the script that I had you run. Autoruns already gave me a list of startup programs and I had you remove the ones that you don't need.

One last option you can try is to boot the computer into Safe Mode and run Zoek from there.