1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved IE 11 keeps reverting back to blank page

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by aussiejohn, 2014/11/05.

1. 2014/11/05
    aussiejohn

aussiejohn Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have had IE set up to open with www.google.com.au for ages but it has started reverting back to "Blank Page" everytime I close it and reopen it, I cant work out what is making this happen?

2. 2014/11/05
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

When you are on your home page, are you then going to Tools/Internet Options/General Tab and does it show your home page there? If it doesn't, click Use Current/Apply/OK and then close IE and then open it backup and see if it does.
    Only other thing that I can think of is that you have been Hijacked. But that usually goes to a page and not a blank page. Have you ran any Malware/Spyware programs to see if you are clean?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/11/06
    aussiejohn

Yes it does show my homepage there until I close IE and start it up again and it goes to blank page, Yes I have done a full system scan with bit defender showing all clear!

5. 2014/11/06
    MrBill

Is Bit Defender all you used to scan with?

6. 2014/11/06
    aussiejohn

Yes what else do you suggest?

7. 2014/11/06
    MrBill

Go to the Malware section and read the post there about what to run and post. Then Broni will come along and tell you what to do next. He will tell you if you are clean now or after he has you run some other things.

I am not saying that you do have Malware/Spyware, but that problem you have is a pretty good indication that you do.

8. 2014/11/06
    aussiejohn

Hi Mr Bill I downloaded and ran Malawarebytes and it found and removed 3 major malawares and all is back to normal now what I do not understand is why did Bitdefender not pick these up ??

9. 2014/11/06
    MrBill

Because they are 2 different programs and look for different things. Bet that there is more to be found. Your choice on posting what it found in the Malware section and then do some more scans and see if there is more and what they are and what program is needed to remove them.