1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

I can't install or unistall any programs!! It might be virus related...

Discussion in 'Security and Privacy' started by fer_rios25, 2004/10/25.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/10/29
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

Good morning, BillyBob!

It's mid-afternoon here and I'm preparing to vacate the premises for a nice weekend ...... :p ...... assembling and installing a new computer for a friend. We will probably sink a beer or two in the process ...... ;) ...... !

Christer

Last edited: 2004/10/29
  2. 2004/10/29
    BillyBob Lifetime Subscription

BillyBob Inactive

fer_rios25

As a suggestion. Not only from this post but from my own experience.

When you get ready to try the 200gig HD again, go back over the discussions between Christer and myself and check the Jumper settings. Improperly set THEY WILL CAUSE problems.

And with some machines the position on the cable also makes a difference.

BillyBob

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/10/29
    fer_rios25

fer_rios25 Inactive Thread Starter

about the 200 giger

When I placed the jumper I made sure it was placed as a slave. And when I installed the driver for it, I installed it as additional storage, so I shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks for your time,
    Fernando Rios

5. 2004/10/29
    BillyBob Lifetime Subscription

BillyBob Inactive

Again from experience.

You say you checked the jumper and set it as Slave. I am going to take that as referring to the 200gig HD. Which would be correct.

But something that I have run into.

Some HDs do not require a jumper to be installed as long as it is the only drive installed. I did not check this out one time and I had somewhat the same problems that you did.

After I installed a jumper to the original drive all was ok. Also as I mentioned before the placement on the cable may have and effect. It USED TO BE that this made no difference but now in some cases it does.

If you check these things out ans all seems correct but it still does not work then your machine may be capable of handling a drive of that size.

BillyBob

6. 2004/10/29
    fer_rios25

fer_rios25 Inactive Thread Starter

:p my comp is has detected both drives correctly, and i don't seem to have any problems. I guess i can yous leave it the way it is, because everything is working fine.Again thank you very much for all your help.

Fernando Rios
    P.S. well, i guess im done, see you nextime i have a problem! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.