1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Husband getting my mail in his inbox

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by aks, 2008/08/04.

1. 2008/08/11
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

So the Alice Identity has only your email address in it and the Thayer Identity has only his email address in it?
    If only :D Been there on several occasions photographing the landscape - see my web site and just love the SW United States - Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico - been to all of them several times. Off to Rocky Mountains in Colorado and Great Sand Dunes mid September. First visit to the States since 2001.

2. 2008/08/12
    aks

aks Inactive Thread Starter

Oh! I hadn't noticed that you lived in England! We've visited dear friends in Shropshire and traveled around England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland quite a bit (in a car borrowed from the friends). I'm sure we'll go back some day, too, 'cause we loved it!

Anyway, yes, my account has only my E# in it, and Thayer's account has only his. I removed the Main Identity one, though; do you think I shouldn't have done that??? Tomorrow morning, I'll ring Comcast and see if they can explain where I made a mistake. Meanwhile, at least I'm back home now at my desk top computer, getting my own email. Whatever mail husband gets on his laptop is his problem now

aks,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/08/12
    aks

P.S. to PeteC

Oops! I meant to add a little more on that last note. Where'd it go??? I meant to explain that that little winking icon was supposed to go after that comment about husband and his laptop and his problem.

Also, I wanted to ask how I get to your web site, but I might figure it out before you get back to me. We have a motor home and have traveled all over this country, and we especially like the Southwest. Not to live in, mind you. Uh-uh, no thanks, I'll take the moderate climate of the SF Bay Area. And it's good to be back here. Houston in August is a killer!

aks,
  5. 2008/08/12
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

I would not think that deleting the Main Identity would cause a problem - if it was essential I am sure that you would have been unable to delete it.

Have you checked to see if it was recreated the next time you opened IE.Oh!
    :eek: not even with Union Jack fluttering under my name??

I live in Staffordshire which adjoins Shropshire to the West.

To access my web site click on my name in a thread and erlect 'Go to PeteC's Home page' or similar.

6. 2008/08/16
    aks

Husband and my mail problem solved

I finally rang my server, Comcast, and it turns out they had changed the outgoing port! As soon as I changed it on my OE account, the problem was solved. Easy!

And, Pete, I did go to your web site. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! What a fascinating second career you have.

Thank you for all your help past and future.
    Alice
    :D

aks,
  7. 2008/08/17
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

That's as bad as a stealth update from MS - would have been nice if they had let you know.

Anyway glad to hear that the problem is resolved - and glad you liked my images!!