1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved HP replacing DVD/CD player.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by BobbyScot, 2016/07/28.

1. 2016/09/10
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

Remains unsolved malfunction.

2. 2016/09/11
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Bobby, I just found something on Youtube that may be worth trying. In W10 > Right click Start > Control Panel > Power Options > In Balanced > Change Plan settings > Change Advanced Power settings > Menu Power Options opens > Expand PCI express > Expand Link state power management > click on Moderate Power savings > open arrow drop down > Maximum Power Savings > OK > and close Control Panel. Go to Start button and Power Icon > Restart.
    After comp has restarted - see if it plays video without freezing. Neil.
    P.S. It might pay to print these instructions so that you get them in order.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/09/14
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

Neil, thank you for your response, most appreciated. I carried out as detailed. The response to the DVD player (E) has certainly improved, as click of (E) is an immediate response as to previous 3+minutes. However with regards to insert of a DVD film remains the same but now more start/play/pause/play/pause. It certainly shows that we are much closer in finding an answer. My thanks again Neil.