1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How you start up or system up from up grading Windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by SheliaHawthorne, 2017/02/28.

1. 2017/02/28
    SheliaHawthorne

SheliaHawthorne New Member Thread Starter

Wanting to no how you start up,or system up from up grading Windows 8.1? I've taken the OS Operating System,an several other college courses following before an after the Operating Systems was given,an the OS server I took two or three times each in my college book courses. Each book I had in college but maybe three books had the OS server in it. Also Computer Literacy,an Internet,Web Pages,an HTML .etc.

2. 2017/02/28
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/02/28
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi SheliaHawthorne, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) We are having trouble understanding your request for help. Do you want to Upgrade from W8.1 to W10? If your upgrade is genuine Microsoft, has the upgrade been from W8 to W8.1? Has this been done privately or through College computer system? Windows 8.1 would require the addition of Microsoft Word software. (Microsoft Office Home and Student 201X) X = year. is the most obvious one.
    Please try not to double/treble Post as we are volunteers who are members situated all round the world and Time Zones mean we cannot always answer immediately you make your Post.

5. 2017/02/28
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If the OS is installed in the HDD/SSD you will be able to Power on the computer and follow the instructions which come up on screen. The OS will guide you through the layout of W8.1.

6. 2017/03/01
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

Hi SheliaHawthorne,

It's better letting FuzMic have his own thread. I moved your posts to your own thread and tried to clean it up a bit by removing near identical posts.