1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved How to stop a file opening on startup screen.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BobbyScot, 2018/01/22.

1. 2018/01/31
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

Mr Bill, thanks for advice, all this has been done with no response from HP. Finding a contact point is or has been impossible. My computer is not a Notebook, though this Desktop has HP label stuck on the back of the computer. As I said before many times, HP never again.

2. 2018/01/31
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Bobby - a quick Google would have found the UK contact point .....

Contact HP - Phone Assist

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/01/31
    BobbyScot

I agree, but not a solution.

5. 2018/01/31
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2018/01/31
    BobbyScot

Retiredleaner, it is indeed computer. On HP Website it shows up as my Computer model, but at times rejects Model and Serial number as not found. It could be the adhesive label belongs to another same model computer. It has been a rogue since day one. One error is the OMEN Light Control malfunction with no solution from HP or its Forums. Reading the Forums, there are many owners of this model with this same predicament with HP ignoring this and why a later model has this function removed? bad original design? or to much time needed to solve it?

7. 2018/02/01
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Bobby, I get the impression that the Omen Control Panel software was for the pure 'gaming' model.
    From Youtube video I also get the idea that it works with the special gaming keyboard to enable the 'gamer' to make the keyboard more colourful.
    I gather from this it may not work with a HP Omen "Tower" unit (based on complaints in Google searches from Tower owners) and certainly won't work with a standard keyboard.

We may be going over 'old' history on your complaints with this HP Omen computer but unless it has LED's built into the case which are designed to "colourise" (If I can use the term) and brighten up your use of the comp I still think it unnecessary for a 'standard use' comp.

Bye the Bye - I have one comp with RED LED's in the front case fans and one comp with BLUE LED's in the fans.
    I think we covered this in your earlier Threads but you may have unwittingly been sold a "Refurbished" comp as you have found your label info is not recognized by HP.

8. 2018/02/02
    BobbyScot

I have said all along computer was not new, how to prove and convince HP or PCWorld is hard to prove with only one more month before guarantee lapses.
    I agree, but how do I control the LED lighting on front case panel, if software does not do this. No wonder HP has no idea how to fix this.