1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved How to remove pictures taken using Camera.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BobbyScot, 2018/05/25.

1. 2018/05/25
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

I have taken several pictures that show on start up screen. I have forgotten how to delete all but one picture showing. How do I carry out this step. Bobby.

2. 2018/05/25
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

In Windows 10 > Start > Settings > Personalization > Themes (background) choose what you want to do.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/05/25
    jholland1964

jholland1964 Well-Known Member

Right click on the desktop screen and select Personalize. Choose Background and click on Browse under Choose your picture.You should be shown folders containing the pictures and you can delete any of those you want to remove from there.

5. 2018/05/26
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

A warning shot from the hip on a Windows 7 system (no Windows 10 system to hand). Does BobbyScot want to delete the pictures permanently or prevent them from showing up on the screen only? If the latter, uncheck the boxes for all of them but the desired one!

6. 2018/05/26
    jholland1964

Good Catch! He never said if he only wants to remove them from showing on the screen or delete them permanently from his computer and therefore likely losing them forever unless he has them saved elsewhere. I should have caught that! Shows we need Full information in order to give quality, accurate information. Glad you caught that Christer.

7. 2018/05/26
    BobbyScot

Sorry for not being clearer on this topic. Pictures I refer too, are the ones taken of myself by the Webcam. It does say Windows keep only three of these pictures, taking another will remove one that was first taken. What I require, can I just keep just one picture that is required and delete permanently the remaining two? No doubt Microsoft disallows this, or do they?

8. 2018/05/26
    retiredlearner

In W10 > File Explorer > Pictures > Camera roll is where my webcam shots are saved. You just Right click on the photo and the menu will open allowing you to Delete what you don't want.

9. 2018/05/27
    BobbyScot

In my File Explorer>Pictures, both boxes are empty. Only remedy at present is to take another Photo and repeat until unwanted Photo is deleted by Windows under keeping just three copies.

10. 2018/05/27
    jholland1964

Since you have no pictures stored in Pictures and evidently no Camera Roll folder, which IS the default folder for most Windows 10 computers, then you must have chosen another place for storage so they must be stored elsewhere on your computer and if you can find that location you should be able to delete them from that location. Are you certain that you did not choose to store them in OneDrive?

Last edited: 2018/05/27
  11. 2018/05/27
    BobbyScot

When taking a photo using Camera it does not show where or asks a storage location. Picture is taken and displays at side of previous taken picture.in Camera Account Picture. Camera Roll and Saved Picture has in my case never shown Pictures saved. Where Camera Account picture is stored is not known to me, other that Windows saves three such taken pictures.

12. 2018/05/27
    jholland1964

There should be a settings button someplace on the Camera App. Try different options...right click and see if you can get a menu. You do have to find where the pictures are stored in order to delete them. They definitely are stored elsewhere. What software are you using to actually take the pictures? Check that software, you might also check Documents, Pictures. You won't be able to delete them just by opening Camera, the pictures shown there on the right are just showing you the most recent pictures taken, not actually how many are stored elsewhere.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17444/windows-camera-app-webcams-help
    Windows 10
    Open the Camera App, Select See More, then select Settings.
    In there you should be able to see or change where videos and photos are saved.

13. 2018/05/27
    BobbyScot

Camera under Windows 10, not show See More or Settings. Camera takes picture and is shown on Account screen with welcome name, until such times that another two snaps taken to remove original. There are no other options available other than that. In One Drive, Picture file is empty.

14. 2018/05/27
    jholland1964

I don't use the web cam so mine is turned off but the Camera App under Windows 10 most definitely has a Settings option. Upper Right corner, Gear button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 2018/05/27
    BobbyScot

J. Thanks for this info, I did not know of this application but now noted. Checked where photo save to, Camera roll and Saved Pictures are still showing empty. Your Post is certainly helpful, thanks.

16. 2018/05/27
    jholland1964

If you did not know of this application then can you be much more clear and tell us what software you are using and if you are using a built in web cam or an external web cam.

Camera's, other hardware are generally associated with specific applications & do not act on there own, there are settings that need to be followed.

The computer has to be told where to save whatever it is that you want to save, pictures, videos, documents and have to have a specific location noted where they will be saved. They just don't "float" around waiting to be seen or removed.

Please give all of the information requested. Do these pictures have names? Even if they are just saved by number or date taken, that would be the name. You have to understand that even though you only see two or three pictures this does not mean that when you take another picture that one will be deleted from the folder where it is stored, it just means that only three pictures can be shown at one time on that screen. In order to show another then one of those will be removed but will remain in the storage folder. If you don't really find the storage location then you could end up with a tremendous amount and pictures can take up a lot of drive space.

17. 2018/05/27
    BobbyScot

Software is Windows 10 that includes Camera which takes picture to display in Accounts Welcome Screen, as said takes up to three pictures displayed, additional take removes one of them to leave three. There is no save, as Windows Camera does this automatically, whether Windows does save all pictures taken that I do not know, Microsoft does. My Webcam is a Trust external. Have you a Welcome Screen? shown when you power up?

18. 2018/05/27
    retiredlearner

Hi Bobby, your webcam is 3rd. party and it's software might be where the storage for photos is.
    Arcsoft Medial Impression is one I use along with Picasa 3. I have to be careful when importing photos from my cellphones!:eek:

19. 2018/05/27
    jholland1964

No, I do not. I chose to be 100% in charge of my computer rather than have Microsoft do it. I really don't use any Windows 10 apps except for the Weather App and Calculator. Otherwise I use what I choose, not what Microsoft chooses and the majority of programs and applications I use are not Microsoft. I don't use a password & therefore do not need to sign in each time I boot up. I am the sole user of this computer.I don't have any pictures stored on the computer, all are stored on an external drive. except for three. I use one photo that I took myself for my wallpaper and that is stored in %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\Mine. I have one photo that I use for my Avatar on several forums and I have another one I use for other forums. Those are stored in C>Users>My name> Pictures>Avatars. That is it. All other pictures are stored Off the computer.

20. 2018/05/28
    BobbyScot

rl. Webcam is made by Trust and software is Arcsoft Medial, though checking software is not installed, Webcam is working satisfactory.
    jh. I too not sign in with password at powerup, MS makes hard not to allow this. Indeed use very few MS programs.

21. 2018/05/28
    retiredlearner

Do a Search .jpg and this should all the photos you have stored on your HDD/SSD.
    Knowing you have more than one HDD - which one were you using when you took the photos?

where are photos from webcam stored?