1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved How to delete infected mails in MS Outlook

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Signode, 2012/04/07.

1. 2012/04/07
    Signode

Signode Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Dear Friends;

I have a problem with my MS Outlook that I received two mails and when I tried them to open, system stuck. After restarting I faced same behavior i.e. system go to the latest mail by default and the latest mail had problem. Our IT person deleted the user account and created a new account of PC and also created a new personal folder in MS Outlook where the old Archive folders and the last Personal Folder also existed. Now MS Outlook is working fine but when I tried to open my old mails in old Inbox of personal folder, the first mail is infected (as I told above) and the MS Outlook again stuck. Those two mails are not deleting from old personal folder.
    I tried to delete those infected mails by opening the MS outlook in Safe mode but facing same behavior.
    I want to ask how to prevent MS Outlook against stuck and how to delete those two mails?

Attached Files:

2. 2012/04/07
    Miz

Miz Inactive Alumni

The two problem messages can probably be deleted if you disable the preview pane. That's the section of the Outlook window on the right hand side that automatically displays the contents of the message when you click on it in the left-hand pane.

In most versions of Outlook, that option is under View. Click on the word View and poke around in those menus for "Preview Pane." If it's there and has a check mark next to it, click on it once to remove the check mark.

Then see if you can delete the problem emails.

Miz,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/04/08
    Signode

Dear Miz,

I tried as you suggested but faced same problem.

5. 2012/04/08
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Create a new folder in your new pst.
    Copy the old inbox sub-folders to the new pst folder.
    Close outlook and delete the old pst.

6. 2012/04/08
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have you tried to drag them to the deleted items folder?

7. 2012/04/09
    Signode

I am finding no any way as i click on that "Inbox" and Ms Outlook held.
    I am not able to drag them to delete folder.
    Very strange problem facing.

8. 2012/04/09
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

9. 2012/04/17
    Signode

Any help? This case is still pending.

10. 2012/04/17
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Did you try my suggestion?
    You now have 2 pst files, the old one and the new one.
    Create a new folder under the new pst and name it whatever you want.
    Locate the subfolders that you want in the old pst and copy them (not move them) to the newly created folder.
    Now you will still have 2 pst files, the old one that's corrupted and the new one which now contains the old mail that you want to keep.
    Close Outlook and delete the old pst file.
    The pst files should be located at c/docs & settings/username/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook or somewhere near there. Or you can use the Mail icon in Control Panel to delete the old pst after copying has been done.

11. 2012/04/23
    Signode

Hello Tony T,
    OK. it can be possible to copy the subfolders of old Inbox having problem but there are also many mails in that "Inbox" which did not drag to the subfolders. If I copied the subfolders to a new Inbox and then delete the complete old "Inbox ", all those mails in Inbox will be lost. As i click on that Inbox, outlook held.

12. 2012/04/23
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Try copying "slower ".
    Create a new folders in the new Inbox with identical names as the old Inbox subfolders.

Then copy "groups" of messages from the old subfolders to the new subfolders.

These copied messages will now become part of the new PST file.

DO NOT try to delete the old Inbox, it belongs to the old PST file. Close Outlook completely and go to the location of your PST files and rename the old PST to something like Outlook.pst.old. Then open Outlook. You can also manage the PST files via the Mail applet in Control Panel.

We don't want Outlook opening the old PST at all.

13. 2012/04/25
    Signode

I need to take my PC to an IT guy for a safe solution. So i think we should close this topic at this moment.