1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How best to clear history and cache

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by Luckyfish, 2002/05/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/05/22
    Luckyfish

Luckyfish Inactive Thread Starter

Ramona:

Thanx a bunch for the info. Wow...just saw that tray on the left...lol! Never used. Okay...I'm going to change my profile to read beginner...okay...stupid beginner!

You'd think that after 4 years, I'd have a 'clue'!

Still like the icon suggestions....sounds really cool....going to try now!!

:cool: Luckyfish

2. 2002/05/22
    Antony

Antony Inactive

Ramona,

WOW! I am now the "King of Netscape ". I am so excited! In Uni, some people do call me "Netscape Expert" and "Netscape guy ".

Just a mall issue, the "quick tray" does not necessary to be on the left side, by default only.

I would suggest just using Start menu and give yourself a clean desktop and taskbar. (Well, this is personal preference)

Luckyfish,

I guess you should heard that Netscape 7.0 PR1 is out, and it is based on Mozilla 1.0 RC2. It is possible that Netscape 7.0 (final) will be based on Mozilla 1.0. Well the decision is yours, and I can only tell you to test Mozilla 1.0 RCx a bit while before you decide which to use as the main browser/mail/news.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/05/22
    Ramona

Ramona Geek Member Alumni

Antony,

If you have followed this thread closely, you will have seen that Luckyfish has barely met specifications for Mozilla and Netscape 6 or 7.

Luckyfish has:
    48 MB RAM with 8 MB shared Video Memory = 40 MB Memory
    300 MHz AMD Processor
    199 MB free HD space

I really don't think we should encourage LF to use Netscape 7.0 PR1. For starters it is a 30 MB download. LF runs out of resources when merely trying to copy the Users Profile. Not a good sign.

Note that Luckyfish wanted the Envelope Icon in the Tray, rather than the Mozilla Icon. That's the reason for the instructions on how to create the icon. Just making a wish a reality. :)

The Quick Tray is on the left side by default, but can be moved. Since LF is a "beginner" I didn't want to add any more confusion, as this has been a rather tedious and lengthy ordeal for him/her.

Ramona :D

5. 2002/05/22
    Antony

Antony Inactive

All right,

I remember I recommended him consider getting a new computer in next year or so, right?

6. 2002/05/22
    Ramona

Ramona Geek Member Alumni

Right! ;) and Thanks!

Ramona :D

7. 2002/05/22
    Luckyfish

Okay Boys and Girls:

Now I'm feeling like a real trouble-maker. Don't worry, either of you...I'm staying right where I am....unless mozilla starts giving me lots of grief. I'm going to 'look around' on the web for others opinions.

I will be getting a new computer, sometime later this year. Antony, I 'about died' when you mentioned the new version of Netscape! It will be a long, long while before I even READ anything about it! lol

Thanx for all of your help...both of you.
    Luckyfish;) ;)

8. 2002/05/22
    Antony

Antony Inactive

NO, you are not the trouble maker.

If you need some advice on choosing a new computer, feel free to ask. (Not on money part).

Mac is an option, don't forget.

9. 2002/05/23
    Luckyfish

Thanx again! I will.

Luckyfish::) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.