1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Hola

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tidalwaves, 2014/09/27.

1. 2014/09/27
    Tidalwaves

Tidalwaves Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,

I am a Windows user in need of your expertise. I like kittens, vodka and long walks on the beach. Sometimes I use provelone on my cheeseburgers and offer no apologies for it. I also use mayo on pastrami sandwiches, which Jon Stewart doesn't approve of. Sometimes computers give me problems, and when such instances occur I seek professional help on the internut. No, that was not a typo. But I love it anyway.

I live in Arizona where we have two seasons...Summer and Summer-lite. I want to move to Alaska but there be polar bear up there...I reckon. And I prefer mountain lions...so long as they aren't chewing on my leg.

I do this (...) a lot despite always getting an A in English prior to my frequent internet usage. I have abdominal pain from time to time, and you don't want to know what relieves it. I am an artist, writer, editor and undiscovered rock star. I'm very good looking after 5 shots of hard liquor and at least 5'10...on the internet.

And uh...that's about it. Thanks for the warm welcome.

2. 2014/09/27
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Tidalwaves, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/09/27
    Tidalwaves

Thank you, Evan. Glad to be here.

5. 2014/09/28
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Welcome to our forum.

6. 2014/09/28
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

7. 2014/09/28
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Tidalwaves, and Welcome to WindowsBBS. :)
    Just a silly question - where do you get tidal waves in Arizona?
    I would expect Heat waves and would love one right now. Send 'em down. Neil.

Tidalwaves likes this.
  8. 2014/10/05
    Tidalwaves

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

From a song called "Ænima" by Tool.

Arizona Bay, baby. Hell yeah.

And we had a mild summer, actually, so that might mean you should get prepared to bundle up. Us too, actually. I mean if it hits the dreaded 65 degrees we just freeze to death. :D

Actually,we have freezing temperatures from time to time, just no precipitation when it gets that cold making snow very rare where I'm from, Tucson. Even more rare in Phoenix.

So yeah. Global cooling is upon us. And we welcome it. Finally, all those virgins we sacrificed have paid off.

Seriously, a David Spade one liner joke about growing up in Arizona explains it best;

"I spent my childhood looking for shade. "

That's so true. Growing up here, you begin to hate the sun. But then you go to Omaha and you get homesick. Because the sun is necessary. We just wish it would take it easy on us. And now it is!

We're happy. But I am truly sorry for your bad luck.

9. 2014/10/05
    SpywareDr

When I lived there I quickly learned that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron, the trees are whistling for the dogs and asphalt has a liquid state.

No thanks. ;)

10. 2014/10/07
    Tidalwaves

HA, yeah. Sounds like you graced our presence, that about covers weather conditions in Arizona. And yes, you can literally fry an egg on a black car in about 5 minutes. It's like the sun's more animated than we thought and it has it's own magnifying glass it points at us every now and then. We still don't have it the worst, the mideast is obviously WAY hotter than us and Mexico and Central and South America, with the exception of nations far enough South of the equator, all get it bad. Most people want to go to Mexico for vacation. I want to go to Alaska or Sweden...or Siberia.

11. 2014/10/08
    SpywareDr