1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Kimmi, 2003/03/09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/03/09
    mflynn

mflynn Inactive

First I would just put in the ComPaq recovery cd and reboot it may already be set to boot from CD.

I don't know the key either.

Try to hit del then F1 then F2 then F10 quickly and keep cycling thru them while the computer is booting.

Mike

2. 2003/03/09
    Kimmi

Kimmi Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm reformatting as we speak. I'll worry about finding all the disks for his programs later. I really do appreciate all the time you've put into this problem it's been going on all day.
    :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2003/03/09
    mflynn

mflynn Inactive

Too late now! But it may have been nessesary anyway but there was no option to do only windows?????

The Recovery will have all drivers that came with the computer. only newer hardware will need other drivers.

Was this computer connected to the net. Did he have any valueable data?

Good luck!

5. 2003/03/09
    Kimmi

Kimmi Inactive Thread Starter

He's 16...how valuable could it be? :) No...he didn't he gave me the ok to reformat...and it didn't give me any options. It was reformat or exit

6. 2003/03/09
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

Good luck Kimmi! Hope it all works out for ya. If you have trouble finding drivers somebody here will probably be able to help you out.

Mike. Kimmis' may be different but for what it's worth my daughter had a compaq and there was no option to reinstall windows on it. Funny thing though, it did have the option to reinstall any programs that came with it (antivirus etc.) I saw that and could only say one thing...... huh???? :) . Vowed I'd never own an OEM puter again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.