1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Help with resizing jpg for printing

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vicki, 2021/09/21.

1. 2021/09/21
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have no idea on how to go about resizing a jpg to have it printed. I have a couple of pictures my sister emailed to me and I would like to have them printed out. (I have the pictures saved on my computer).
    I would like these jpg.'s to be printed out in a 5x7 picture, but given the current resolution of the pictures, I have been told they would print grainy in this form?
    I do not own any type of photo editing program (to my knowledge). I use Win7 on my computer and Win10 on my laptop.
    Can anyone explain to me how I can accomplish this and have the pictures printed out without the grainy appearance? (I plan on taking them to a photo printing place and not print them from my own printer).
    (P.S. I plan on giving these pictures as a gift, so I definitely want them to look somewhat presentable!)

2. 2021/09/21
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You should have Paint on the PC. Try that and see if that works.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2021/09/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Vicki, A Google produced this suggestion:
    How to Enlarge an Image to Print.
    • Double-click your file to open it in preview. ...
    • In the menu bar, click on "Tools".
    • Select "Adjust Size" in the "Tools" dropdown menu. ...
    • Choose "inches" for Width and Height and "pixels/inch" for Resolution. ...
    • Uncheck the “Resample Image” checkbox and set your Resolution to 300 pixels/inch.

5. 2021/09/25
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions! I did try using the Paint program to resize the image, also found an online website (via google) that would also do this for free. I did get the pictures that I wanted printed, but to be honest, I don't know which one I used to do that! :p At any rate, mission accomplished!

MrBill likes this.
  6. 2021/09/26
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If you look in History Vicki, you should be able to find the Program you used.
    Obviously panic over and well done.;):D