1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Having problems with corrupted Internet Explorer 11

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by bellisimo, 2016/01/14.

1. 2016/02/23
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

You can use Revo Uninstaller to remove the listed programs, that's fine.

What programs in that list do you use?

bellisimo likes this.
  2. 2016/02/23
    bellisimo Lifetime Subscription

bellisimo Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi Evan,

I use a couple of the Cyberlink programs for burning disks.

I went ahead and deleted all the programs and did all the other things you asked.

Everything seemed find until I was browsing through facebook just now and got 2 messages.

The first one said: A problem with this webpage has caused Internet Explore to stop working.

The second one said: Internet Explorer has stopped working.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/02/23
    Evan Omo

Open Autoruns again and this time click on the Internet Explorer tab. Post a screenshot of that tab here in your next reply so I can see what Internet add-ons you have installed.

bellisimo likes this.
  5. 2016/02/23

Another autoruns image.

Sorry for the poor images. I don't know why they aren't sharper.

Attached Files:

6. 2016/02/23
    Evan Omo

I am not seeing any add-ons that would be causing an issue with Internet Explorer.

You might try Resetting Internet Explorer if the issue get worse or as an alternative you can use a secondary browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your primary browser if you prefer.

How is the computer running now? You can if you choose to, follow all of the steps in my optimization guide which will help to improve performance and could resolve other problems that you may have experienced on your system.

bellisimo likes this.
  7. 2016/02/23

Hi Evan,
    I think it's fixed. I've been trying to do all the things that were causing problems before and they all run fine now. Thanks so much for all the help.

The only thing I'm curious about is why you wanted me to uninstall the Cyberlink programs. I only need a couple of them for burning disks.

8. 2016/02/23
    Evan Omo

Well a lot of the Cyberlink programs come preinstalled on new computers and I've always uninstalled them as they haven't served much purpose on peoples computers. If you use them then you can keep them installed.

Do you have any other questions or would you consider this thread resolved?

bellisimo likes this.
  9. 2016/02/23

Hi Evan,

Yes, thanks very much. I'll mark the thread resolved.

Bert

10. 2016/02/24

Hi Evan,

There's one thing I forgot to ask you. 3 or 4 days ago this SSD was showing me that almost all the space was used up. I couldn't figure out why, so I compressed all the files on the drive in an attempt to free up some space.

I realized later that it was caused by a lot of old system restore files, and cleaned them out with CCleaner and recovered 150 Gb of space.

However, when I compressed the SSD, it caused all the names of computer files under C Drive to now be blue. Is there any way I can reverse the compression back to what it was before?

Thanks,

Bert

11. 2016/02/24
    Evan Omo

Yes you can reverse the action. Click Start< Computer, right click on your hard drive and click on properties. Then uncheck the compress this drive to save disk space checkbox as shown here, System Drive properties. Then click on Apply and Ok to save the changes.