1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Google not saving History

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by Zero-2-Hero, 2014/04/28.

1. 2014/04/28
    Zero-2-Hero

Zero-2-Hero Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am trying to help a friend who has Google set as the homepage. Google is used a lot but a unique problem has come up. Whenever they go on Google, it would save that site in Google History which of course made it easier to access quickly when they revisit. The problem is, it's not saved. It use to but for some reason it no longer does.

I did an extensive search on Google and did a few things per the information I obtained with absolutely no luck. Whatever was done, the History was cleared out so there currently is nothing there at the moment. However, when I try to create a History, it will not save it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. 2014/04/29
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

History is controlled by the Web browser.
    Tools Menu > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing history > Settings button
    and
    Content tab > AutoComplete > Settings button

If have a Google account then once logged in your search history is available here:
    https://history.google.com/history/
    The history is only the sites visited while having been logged in.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/04/29
    Zero-2-Hero

Hi TonyT
    Thank you for your reply and you are correct as for viewing history, I did see that but the problem is, it won't save the history and it use to.

5. 2014/04/29
    Zero-2-Hero

TonyT,
    It appears after further investigation into the problem, Google has changed the Search History to Web History. Inorder to see (History),and save, one must sign in and then the History is viewable. This was done for privacy purposes.

What was puzzling is, the previous history was always there until a family member used the feature "clear history "... Now it appears inorder to save and view, a requirement to create a google account and sign in is the new thing and the previous method is no longer available.