1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Gmail and archived E-mails

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by Christer, 2020/09/21.

1. 2020/09/21
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff Thread Starter

The archive function in Gmail is, in my opinion, the biggest flaw in the application. I have not knowingly archived a single E-mail but am not sure. I want to find out if I have made the mistake to archive an E-mail and googling the subject reveals that my only option is to click to show "all mail" and start scrolling. Yeah, right, the most effective way to waste time I've ever come across! Is there a better, less time wasting, way to find out?

2. 2020/09/21
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

It is explained within Gmail HELP File...

Your Inbox has the PRIMARY - SOCIAL - PROMO sections..... When you archive an email, it removed from those and moved to the ALL Mail folder. And yes, it's probably a less than perfect setup.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2020/09/21
    Christer

I agree!

The user should be able to limit a search for a specific E-mail to the archive, just like it can be limited to any user created folder. That would require them being moved to a "dedicated folder" rather than being hidden among all other E-mails ... :rolleyes: ... that I have forgotten about.

5. 2020/09/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Feedback maybe? ;) A dedicated folder would be ideal.:D

6. 2020/09/21
    Christer

Well, if a substantial number of users made the same suggestion, then maybe they would consider it but not when the idea comes from a :eek: single user in Sweden :rolleyes: !