1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Files show empty when they aren't when using Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by raylyncorvette, 2016/03/21.

1. 2016/03/27
    raylyncorvette

raylyncorvette Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It's been 24 hours now and everything seems to be operating as it should. I was getting ready to take the computer apart (literally) when I received an e-mail from Microsoft Support asking I get in touch with them and they gave a new incident number for reference. Once I entered the site and with the new number a Micro-Tech started asking all types of questions. The one the tech was most interested in was why the first tech from a week ago told me to go back to Windows 7. I guess they do read their complaint reviews. Anyway to make a long story short the tech ended up finding I had two software programs conflicting with Windows 10 and even the original Windows 7 was giving it a headache. Apparently when I upgraded to 10 some of the files from 7 were broken in transition and that caused some of the problem. Another issue was Norton Securities doesn't like Windows 10 and Windows 10 doesn't' like Norton. Last and really confusing is the conflict Windows 10 has with my new mouse (MIONIX Avior 8200). So what happened was the tech was able to perform a complete hard/clean install of nothing but Windows 10 (not the upgrade) and then install the MIONIX software before installing Norton. After another thirty minutes of tweaking the system Windows 10 is up and running like it should. Afterwards I was asked if there was anything else I needed and I had one question and that was "according to the compatibility check that Windows performed it said all of my software and peripherals were able to run 10 then why was it that MIONIX and Norton slipped through the cracks?" The answer was "this issue was being logged and they will be addressing it on future upgrades." The cool part of this is the tech will be checking back with me in 48 hours to and if necessary recheck my system just to be sure Windows 10 is functioning as it is supposed to. This sort of gives me a new view regarding Microsoft Tech Support. This tech was very helpful, knowledgeable and compassionate as well. Problem solved

2. 2016/03/27
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Excellent news. Glad you were able to get your problem resolved. :)

Since this issue is now resolved, please mark this thread as 'Resolved'.

raylyncorvette likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/03/27
    raylyncorvette

raylyncorvette Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Sorry about that. I guess I was caught up in the moment of enjoying my computer and I forgot.