1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved error unzipping files

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by oldntryn, 2010/08/05.

1. 2010/08/05
    oldntryn

oldntryn Inactive Thread Starter

Unable to create a temporary folder to extract to.
    Possible cause: you do not have proper permisssion to create files and folders in your temporary folder. See your system administrator. "

I am the administrator ... have plenty of space 56 gig on drive...hmmm
    any ideas. never had this happen on this system in 6 years unzipped
    many a file
    Thanks Michael
    :mad:

2. 2010/08/05
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Start by running chkdsk on the drive.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/08/05
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

5. 2010/08/28
    oldntryn

oldntryn Inactive Thread Starter

Thank you all, regardless of the experience we have there is always a chance we can learn something new, the .Cab files from win98 install, had the software to make the driver available. Had I have looked futher under the "install new driver" it was pointed out to me in the .cab file, Duh just didn't look at what the intalll Cd was telling me.

There are a myraid and varied pieces in the .cab files.. and It appears the win guys took a lot time to give us what we need and a index to each. I'm truly sorry to have asked you'al to give me information that, was already there. Often the answer is right where we are asking, but we're just to smart to see it. Anyway, again thank all of you for assisting me. If any of you may need help in basic/basicA, unisys mapper (I wrote Qwickrun and coder(cobol for unisys mapper)) I'm old and, an perhaps just looking for a place to pass on 1978 know how.. Hay throw darts at me, but there is wealth off info if you want it, chess anyone..