1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

error 32768

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mank5656, 2010/07/03.

1. 2010/07/03
    mank5656

mank5656 Inactive Thread Starter

hi, i recently got two computers from yard sales, one didn't work at all but looked newer so i interchanged some parts to make it at least run it is a Compaq and i used an hp for parts. The only two parts i changed were the power source and the hard drive.I turned the computer on and had to delete two accounts by using safe mode and making an account for myself as administer. I then began deleting programs such as nfl games and etc. After that I tried to reformat using a dell operating system cd that had Microsoft windows xp home edition including service pack 2. However, i keep receiving the message

File \i386\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded. The error code is 32768
    Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit

I looked it up and found that it was caused by third-party adware. I have found that i have Antivirus pro 2010 on the computer, i have installed and removed both Malwarebytes anti-malware, and spybot seek and destroy several times, Both will finsh installing and work for approximately two seconds before disappearing. Also when i go to click on either an error code come up, for malware it is

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

However i receive this message both when i am in safe mode in the admin account and out of safe mode. Any ideas at all about what i can do would be very appreciated.

2. 2010/07/03
    Grump642

Grump642 Inactive

OEM's copy of windows is not the same as what you would buy. It has been changed to include their software and settings. Because of this, I would be surprised if you did not have problems. Windows is looking for things that are not there, and finding things that there that should not be.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/07/04
    mank5656

ok, so i cant use the cd that i am trying to use is there any way to get the one that i need without buying it from compaq?

5. 2010/07/04
    mank5656

i found a holographic windows xp home edition, which seemed to work so i let it run through it, after it was finshed installing i booted up the computer and it would get to the Microsoft xp home edition page with the window and then would flash a blue screen and shut down and come back up. i put the other cd that i stated above. It seemed to work started the process of validating however it would come up with an error message

The file dac960nt.sys is corrupted

Anyone have any ideas

6. 2010/07/04
    Grump642

Grump642 Inactive

In my opinion, the best thing to do is buy a copy of Windows 7 and have done with it. I know that is not what you want to hear, but it is my opinion. Win 7 OEM version is selling on NewEgg for $99.