1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Display Colors Appear to be Negative

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by virginia, 2018/07/06.

1. 2018/07/06
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Helping a friend with Windows 10 Home, update 1803 installed. She is losing her eyesight and a relative tried to help her by making some changes to the display which resulted in pastel looking colors that appear to be in grayscale and/or inverted. The hoped for result was to provide more contrast for viewing email. Can't contact the relative to find out what was done.

So far I have tried the following:

Display Settings - Couldn't find anything that seemed to address the issue.

Personalize - The only thing I found that might relate was "Colors" which asked me to pick a color background but all the options were washed out and I could see no colors.

Ease of Access - One option is "Make the computer easier to see". I couldn't find anything there that seemed to make any difference.

In searching the internet, one recommendation I saw was to uninstall the display adapter and then reinstall it. Since this problem was caused by a specific change to a setting or settings, I was reluctant to do the uninstall and restart.

Any suggestions?

2. 2018/07/06
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/07/06
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Robert, When you were in Settings > Ease of Access > High Contrast > and switch on the High contrast radio button?

5. 2018/07/07
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Got the color back to close to normal. Tinkered around in the Ease of Access contrast settings and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. 2018/07/09
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Thanks for the update. :)