1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Dell Inspiron One 2320 flashing colors before login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 14U2DAY, 2013/07/12.

1. 2013/07/12
    14U2DAY Lifetime Subscription

14U2DAY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have this issue when trying to login to the OS. I went into safe mode and removed all drivers for the video card and rebooted into the OS with default video drivers with network connection. No problem once I login, however when I let windows update find and install the drivers and reboot I get the screen flashing colors. The icon for the users can not be seen to login normally so I have to hard power the system off and reboot into safe mode to see the desktop. Have anyone seen this before if so please advise.

The System is: Dell Inspiron One 2320 4gb memory DDR3, sata HDD 500gb, Intel Pentium G630 @2.70GHz.

2. 2013/07/13
    14U2DAY Lifetime Subscription

14U2DAY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

OK... here's the deal! I called Dell support with this issue and of course they wanted to remote in to take a look and see if it could be fixed... went to "cmd" and ran "tree" and we know what that is... and of course it took a minute to run through the directory, put me on hold while doing it and came back when it was done and said sure we can fix it for $200!
    ...so I told him to have a nice day! Went to Dell website and reloaded all of the drivers for the video card (of course they will not tell you which one you have in your particular unit), and got lucky and found out that there were 2 drivers that this unit needed to run, a windows version and a dell version. So I went in the OS and uninstalled all drivers for the video card in the safe mode and rebooted normally and let windows install it's driver and then I stopped the restart, and installed the dell driver. Up and running with no problems now but to remove the viruses and **** per the steps here on BBS (which I find awesome), now I have a clean PC!!!

3. to hide this advert.