1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Dell Inspiron 1545 video display

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by Blufx, 2010/12/25.

1. 2011/01/24
    joellis

joellis Inactive

I have this same problem and I think I may have found the problem. There is a fuse labeled F1 right next to the screen connector on the mainboard. It even has the information for the fuse ratings, 3Amps at 32Volts. i checked the fuse on mine and the fuse is blown. I am going to jumper it and see if it gives me life. Now for a little background, the screen I replaced the broken one with was purchased from ebay and was not an exact match, usually never a problem, but I have a theory, I believe the new screen is pulling more power then the rated fuse and blew it. So before i try and jumper the fuse I am going to wait for an exact match on the screen. Ill let you guys know more soon.

2. 2011/01/24
    Blufx

Blufx Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'll be waiting for an answer. I never heard of a fuse being used in one before. The screen I used was supposed to be an exact match, but I tried other screens in it. I wonder if I did blow the fuse.

Mark

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/01/24
    joellis

joellis Inactive

Update.
    I found an excellent and very knowledgeable screen vendor. They informed me the model screen I have will only work with the original and a few others. My original screen model is B156RW01 V.0 and its made by AU Optronics H/W:3A F/W:1. When this arrives I will hook it up and see what we get.