1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Delete an Account

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by WorldBuilder, 2016/03/23.

1. 2016/03/23
    WorldBuilder

WorldBuilder Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi all,

See attached screenshot, please. This is weird. I am the email admin (not an Exchange expert) for my organization. A while back, my boss needed to look through emails for the guy he replaced. THAT is who you see in the screenshot.

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I loaded up that previous employee's mailbox into my own. We found what we needed to find. But now I cannot remove it.

It's as if it's not there in "Accounts ". I have even tried loading up my own email on a completely different PC and it STILL appears!

Help? Thanks!

Chris

Attached Files:

2. 2016/03/24
    WorldBuilder

Sorry, Outlook 2010. I have two email accounts: My own and the "Social Media" account for the organization. When I go to "Accounts" to try to delete this mailbox, it is not there. And it is not in "additional mailboxes" under either other account. Dunno where the heck this is coming from. Want it gone! Thanks.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/03/25
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

The mailbox was probably added via the auto-mapping feature.

As an end-user, there is nothing you can do to remove it in Outlook.

The Exchange administrator can remove the auto-mapping attribute for your account from the additional mailbox.

Your administrator can run the following PowerShell command in the Exchange Management Shell:

Once this property has been removed, the additional mailbox will automatically remove itself within some minutes after you restart Outlook.

Arie,
  5. 2016/03/25
    WorldBuilder

Hi Arie,

Well I am both the end user and Exchange admin. Never heard of "auto-mapping ". If I run that Powershell command and that's not the issue, will it HURT anything? And just out of curiousity, what would happen in my Outlook client if I simply deleted that other user's mailbox from Exchange?

THANKS!

6. 2016/03/25
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

You could test the deletion of the mailbox by deleting a couple of mails off the server. Odds are they will disappear out of your Outlook.

7. 2016/03/25
    WorldBuilder

OK. How do I do that in Exchange? Sorry, that's probably a silly question, but I don't know how. Normally, if ever I needed to view another user's mailbox, I would either use OWA and login as them, or load them up in Outlook. Dunno how to do it in Exchange itself.