1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved cursor disappears in Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Geoff Hands, 2011/08/05.

1. 2011/08/05
    Geoff Hands Lifetime Subscription

Geoff Hands Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have just installed Outlook 2007 ( Outlook 2010 could not be configured the way I need) and have been importing calendar, mail etc from the automatically generated backup ( .pst) files . This seems to have worked successfully with mail messages, but on the calendar the word "loading" appears without anything happening, and I find that my mouse-driven cursor disappears as soon as it leaves the task bar and gets onto the page.
    I run two monitors, and the cursor works fine on the second one, but as soon as I sweep it from that one to the one displaying Outlook ( unless I have it so low as to be visible on the task bar) it disappears.
    If I close Outlook from the task bar and open anything else, the cursor works fine again.
    Any suggestions ?

2. 2011/08/07
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Hi Geoff,

Sorry I don't have an actual answer to your problem but I can say I've also experienced mouse issues running win 7 64bit on a dual monitor system.

Although the cursor is always visible when playing some online video and moving the videofeed to the other monitor mouseclicks on the controls (pause/stop/FF etc) doesn't always work, but clicking on the same area on the first monitor appears to be OK (ie the playback reacts as if you clicked on the correct control on the secondary monitor).

I hope you get my jist, anyway our hardware specs are miles apart. Perhaps this is a win 7 64bit issue or perhaps totally unrelated. My tuppence worth anyway and I know it doesn't help, sorry.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/08/07
    Geoff Hands Lifetime Subscription

Geoff Hands Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It seems that the Outlook version I installed was probably pirated , whatever the web-site said, and was an imperfect copy - I had a lot of other problems, crashes etc, so ended up uninstalling. If I don't get the promised refund I can always repoudiate via my credit card.
    I'll mark this as resolved, and carry on looking for e-mail and PIM systems which suit my needs. bA pity - Outlook 2007 did that , but Outlook 2010 is a no-no for me.