1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Configuring Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by gary247, 2006/07/06.

1. 2006/07/06
    gary247

gary247 Inactive Thread Starter

A new server was recently installed with a new name. In the process of configuring the stations I lost my outlook express account and my ability to load MusicMatch JB. My OS is XP professional. I was able to get my emails back, but now I cannot get outlook express to download my web mail from my verizon account. It keeps asking for a password. As far as the MMJB goes when I try to install the program I get a message telling me that there was a registration error with the .dll files in that access was denied. I have gone to the MS site and tried everything that they suggested to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. 2006/07/06
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

gary247--Concerning the need to enter a password to download new email from Verizon to OE.
    Firstly, have you set up your OE account with Verizon again?
    http://www.webzervice.com/manual/Tutorials/outlook.htm

If yes, go to OE Tools|Accounts|highlight account name|Properties. On the General tab be sure that the box "Include this account when receiving mail..." is Checked|Apply|OK. On the Server tab is the Password line filled in and the box "Remember Password" checked? If not do so. You probably do not want the boxes "Logon using Secure Password Authentication" and "My server requires authentication" to be checked.
    If this does not work, what did you do to get your old emails back? (or was this just a matter of finding the old .dbx files?)

I cannot comment about the MusicMatch problem other than to ask if you have MM in Control Panel|Add/Remove. If you do, then click to uninstall before you try a new install.

3. to hide this advert.