1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Changed Router - Wireless Canon Printer no longer printing

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Lysimachus, 2016/04/24.

1. 2016/04/24
    Lysimachus

Lysimachus Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi guys, I'm not sure exactly which category to take this problem to, but I do have Windows 10.

I also have an HP Pavilion dv7-6175us laptop.

Our family uses a single wireless printer. A Canon Pixma MG6320

All our laptops wirelessly print to this printer.

We were all able to print, until we upgraded our Internet Service to a faster speed, and as a result, they sent us a new modem/router.

The internet works perfect, but the printer is no longer responsive on the network.

The new modem/router that has been setup is a Frontier Actiontec F2250.

Any advice about how to configure the ports, or what I have to do for the printer to recognize our laptops, would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Lysimachus

2. 2016/04/24
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Lysimachus, I had a similar problem nearly 2 years ago when I changed to Fibre-optic Ultra fast broadband. A completely new Wireless Router/Modem and I'm sure I had to re-run the printer software (drivers) again to set it up.
    My HP 2540 Wireless printer has worked OK since I did the re-install. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/04/28
    felicityblue

felicityblue Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Retiredlearner. As far as I know, you need to re-install so that your printer will work fine again.