1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

cdrw no go

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by tony52001, 2002/01/07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/07
    tony52001

tony52001 Guest Thread Starter

i recently installed a creative cdrw 4224e. it recorded twice for me, now nothing. tried five diff burn software. tried the uncheck dma, the enable both primary and 2ndary insafe mode, the msconfig uncheck cdrom refers in autoexec.bat & configsys, removed drive and let system find on reboot,installed updated aspi, checked connections 7eral times. the two times it did write there were no cracks, hisses or pops. now it will play cds and the ones i already recorded. when i try to record, the software program goes thru the motions & says Record Successful but... still nothing.
    oh, since i installed it & the sound card i cant get sound from the computers cd player, only when i open a burner program. other tech sites gave me no suggestions besides the ones i already knew to do.
    i really have faith in you guys and believe me, im really glad your up & running again!
    thanks for any help.

2. 2002/01/08
    gt72755

gt72755 Inactive

Tony: Did the pc come with cd burning software originally?
    And then did you delete that original cd burning software & install NEW cd burning software?

Please advise!

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/09
    tony52001

cdrw nogo

matter of fact, i do believe it did come with some sort of original burning ware. in WindExplore i found an ecdc program(which believe stands f/easy cd creator). but when i open the disc icon to run it just says "no playlist found and so on... "
    this ecdc program was in folder for adaptec.
    have actually burned two disks using Dartcd recorder4 after i installed cdrw.
    i bought computer from my cousin, he had no cdrw drive in at any time...so is adaptec ecdc a generic program installed w/Win98? that makes no sense. anyway, all the burn ware ive tried says they work with my drive in their supported drivers lists.
    i know i carry on but im really at a loss here.

5. 2002/01/09
    tony52001

cdrw nogo

this is in addition to my last message in response to your query.
    i downloaded aspicheck and it said:

wnaspi32.dll winaspi.dll aspi.vxd aspienum.vxd

all ont properly installed. one or more components have been replaced w/ older versions of this software.

could this be part of the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.