1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Can't access mapped drive

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by wjburl, 2013/06/29.

1. 2013/06/29
    wjburl

wjburl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have three mapped drives that I can't access by drive letter, but I can access them via the Network. The drive icons have a red X displayed. For example, I get a "Location is not available" window with the contents: "N:\ is not accessible. The device is not ready." If I expand the Network in File Explorer, I can access the folder from there. I can also access them as mapped drives on my other computers. I thought about trying to unmap them and remapping again, but I haven't figured out how to do that. Two of the drives are in a D-Link NAS and the third is a 10 TB RAID in another Win 8 computer. Any Suggestions?

2. 2013/06/29
    wjburl

wjburl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I tried the disconnect option and it appeared not to do anything. Later today I did a reboot and the drive letters were no longer present. I mapped the drives again and all is well.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/08/19
    quickercarter

quickercarter Inactive

What happens when you disconnect and reconnect it?

Commands:

net use x: /delete
    net use x: \\servername\shared folder\public\

(replace the X: with your drive letter)